Saturday, March 6, 2010

Got Podcast?

You may recall that I recently blogged about my experience within Second Life.  This is turning into a wonderful journey.  What started as a vision to bring spirituality into the virtual context (the Internet) has started to take shape as the Community for Spiritual Living in Second Life. 

At first I simply wanted to explore.  The more I explored the more I realized that there wasn't anything that quite covered the philosophies and beliefs I have.  I then opted to bring my meditation practice into SL.  Each morning I silently meditate, but log in.  And each evening I send out invitations to share in meditation practice.  The format is simple: I spend the first 10 minutes setting the spiritual context, and explain the focus of that night's meditation (very useful for those new to meditation).  We then meditate for 30 minutes.  Following that we have a discussion about our experiences and close with a blessing, or affirmative prayer.

In essence, I'm being a Practitioner, just in very subtle ways.  There's no need to ram spiritual concepts down peoples throats - just live it through your practice.  The result?  Well, after a month the Community for Spiritual Living has 42 members.  Each evening over the past week has seen between 8-12 people show up to share in meditation.  And tonight I was asked if I have a podcast?

A podcast, for those of you who are not familiar with the idea, is an audio or video file that is released periodically through the Internet.  I'd never thought about this, but when the suggestion was made it reminded me that I've put the intent for the right and perfect delivery of these ideas.  There's a much bigger idea in terms of the cirriculum, workshops, and how such ideas and philosophies might be delivered in RL.  Come to think of it I owe Reverend Patrick a draft email for him to send to the Board of Education.  But in short, it's beautiful to spot the synchronicity of my vision and what's beginning to manifest.

This is an amazing experience.  The beginnings are indeed humble.  Even if I help to inspire and support the transformation of one person then the work is worthwhile. 

And so, if you have experience at creating podcasts and want to help me out, give me a shout.  Who knows, maybe there are a series of meditation podcasts to come?

Know the Flow as you go,
Carmien

No comments:

Post a Comment