Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Message of Hope - it is Time to Meditate

A dear friend of mine sent me a facebook message yesterday.  She asked me, if I wanted to use a video at our meditation gathering on July 19th.  After watching it, I could only say yes.  We'll be watching this after our meditation. 


Produced by James Newton Howard, this short film is relating Truth, in a clear and accessible way.  We really do have enough books on peace - it really is time to be peace.  We really are a part of nature - it is time to take responsibility for what we each need to do.  And one of the most powerful practices I know to accomplish this is to meditate - every day.

Meditation really is simple.  It is about being present, harmoniously retreating from the past and future, into a perfect Now.  When I reveal Eternal Presence I am connecting with my heart.  When I connect with the moment, when I shift my focus into that space in between craving and aversion, pure acceptance, I connect with the pure essence of who I am.  I connect with Oneness. 

These words cannot really convey the truth of what this means to you.  I can write about meditation and you can read these words, but it really is for you to embrace this for yourself.  Perhaps I write these words out of a calling to invite you, to entice you?  Perhaps Mr. Howard was driven in a much more profound way by producing this film?  What whatever the vehicle, we must be the drivers.

It is indeed time to remember, who we truly are.  The more I practice connecting with Love, with my heart, the more old ideas of fear, forgetting and separation dissolve.  It has taken time to wash away old remnants of the world.  And it will take time to dissolve the old values, attitudes, beliefs and agreements within that have kept us imprisoned.  There is no one way to do this.  But my experience has taught me that meditation is a most exquisite method for dissolution.

And when we dissolve the old prison walls of beliefs and prejudice all sorts of wonderful qualities are revealed.  Forgiveness, harmony, acceptance, joy and so much more result from choosing Love. 

If you are not meditating every day then something has yet to shift for you.  If you do not dance through the rhythms of love, gasping at the miracles of every moment, then only you can make that choice.  So many teachers are saying so many similar things.  We can choose love.  We can choose to see that every one, beyond their choices, ignorance and moments of forgetfulness are beings of Love. 

You are a great Spirit.  If you have experienced resistance to meditation this is really a result of that part of you that is mediocre opposing the Truth of who you are.  You are one.  All are one.  There is no time like the present to realize that now is the time to awaken.

Don't believe a word you hear,
Don't believe a word you read,
Don't believe a thing that you see.
But learn how to observe,
How to directly experience the Truth for yourself.
And from this place of direct experience you will know the Truth contained,
Within every word, sight, and event.

Know the Flow and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment