Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beginning

As I prepare for this next phase of my life I am spending time in contemplation.  Over the past year (and 100+ blogs) I have occasionally mentioned that I am becoming a Practitioner.  Perhaps more for myself than anything else I thought it would be a good moment to clarify what that means to me. 

What is a Practitioner?  After a few years of studying I am beginning to understand.  A Practitioner is a spiritual coach, someone who has taken the time and dedicated themselves to the Truth.  In understanding and embodying this Truth in all that they think, say, and do a Practitioner then makes the conscious choice to offer this understanding to others.  A Practitioner recognizes the God in all.  The idea of omnipresence is taken literally, and has deep meaning to a Professional Practitioner.  It means that not only does the Practitioner recognize the Divine in themselves, but in others as well.

A Practitioner carries this Truth (or least strives to) in their thoughts all the time.  Thoughts become words, which become action.  In this state of service a Practitioner then meets others that are drawn to them.  When finding themselves in a darkened room the Practitioner carries a light with them.  Their faith of God, not in God, supports them to seeing the perfect idea of God in all those they meet.

When a Practitioner meets another, this knowing of the Divine in all is the basis of everything they think, say, and do.  One of the specific services a Practitioner can offer is affirmative prayer.  A Practitioner does an affirmative prayer for themselves, knowing that action of thought is all that is required to allow the Divine to shine through.  A Practitioner deliberately and clearly works with the Divine.  They understand that through Divine or Cosmic Laws (sometimes called the Law) that their mental thoughts produce an equivalent in the world around us.

Over the past few years I have been learning the science of affirmative prayer, the techniques and processes that operate in accordance with the Law (the part of God that makes it so).  I am beginning to understand the art of affirmative prayer, understanding that as much as the skills can be learned and taught that a conscious awareness of the Divine as I experience life gives me insight into God, and the Law. 

As I take this next step and become a Practitioner-Intern I am beginning to see things differently.  My entire life is gradually, sequentially, and inevitably becoming focused on seeing a perfect spiritual idea called God in all that I meet.  As I work with the Law, having the faith of God, it works with me.

Beginning
I know I am beginning,
Yet I am here a while more.
Not quite ready to vanish,
or chart a path from this shore.

Belief clipped wings are loosened,
I now beat my wings to love.
No cage to be demolished,
now drunken amongst these doves.

The scent of roses now call.
I inhale, your Oneness clear.
I point to a timeless Truth.
I now see through your fears.

The dove would flee the winter.
Yet foolhardy dove I be.
Flying over clues of Fall,
inspiring, support, and free.

(c) Copyright 2010, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment