Monday, January 4, 2010

Building Discontent

After a big break (the holidays can do that) and some intense time with family I picked up my journal again.  One of the discomforts of spiritual practice is that once you've tasted the benefits of it it is hard to ignore it for too long.

Perhaps I'm going through this divine discomfort so that the urgency for change within me can build?

Building Discontent

What is this excitement;
my fear without the breath?
Hardly building change within,
when the urgency has left.

Shifted through dependance,
past direction via a chart.
From high concepts in my mind,
to the wisdom through my heart.

Each step a greater freedom,
fulfilling joy through each peak.
Beyond penultimate freedom,
to the essence that I seek.

Copyright (c) 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment