Tuesday, January 19, 2010

His Reply

Following the reply blogged I received the following email.  Sometimes it is humbling to see the Divine in action.  The last sentence in particular really cracked my heart open.
You are an amazing person Carmien. You have an inner peace that I haven't found yet. You are blessed.



I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the thoughts. I am not a person who really opens himself up to the level of self reflection you are clearly comfortable with. I think it is the reason I continue to search in the wrong way for the level of self actualization you describe. Frankly it frustrates me that I can use my talents for so many things but not myself. I also think it is the reason I get so busy - it allows me to avoid the final stage of self actualizing that you describe.


I think everything happens for a reason. I am coming to that "place of clarity" you so correctly observe but I wish it would get here more quickly and less painfully.


I will call you Carmien. But I think it will be a luncheon where I ask a friend to give me some counsel - not something I do very easily unfortunately.


Thank you. Your response has been equally as compelling as the passing of my friend to make me really address this next stage of my life.


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment