Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blessed if I Do and Blessed if I Don't

The past few days have been powerful. Thursday (following my blog of Seva as a Spiritual Practice) was magnificent in spirit.  And yet, yesterday, I struggled.  Many times I found my mind wandering, the gun-slinger of ego firing shots toward thoughts like Jesse James on the run, both desperate and cunningly accurate at the same time.

I like to think that my practice helped me: In particular, I remembered to meditate.  At the beginning of the day I felt 'worn out'.  But I kept telling myself about Seva.  I made an appointment with myself to mediatate.  I did so twice, and by the end of the day I could feel myself shifting.

And this morning, I awoke feeling alive and magnificent.  The first thought was of gratitude for the day.  I felt drawn to write.  I recalled something that had come to mind the other night.  I have discovered a wonderful voice-memo tool on my iPhone.  This is what I recorded.
To live my vision of inspiring and supporting the transformation of others I must be focused on the journey of spiritual practice.  The practice of meditation, affirmative prayer, journaling, seva, tithing, education, and celebration are the shoes that will clothe my feet as I tread upon this path.
These practices will remind me and help me stay alive to the journey of my life's vision.  At the same time, even should I forget Oneness then such moments will yield more strength in experience than my successes would have.  This is a win-win equation!

With that formula for life I can do no wrong.  That is powerful.  In short, I am blessed if I do and I am blessed if I don't.

I have a wondrous opportunity to live simply through practice for a vision that in of itself is selfless service.  I need not concern myself with the details of destination, I need simply know a broad vision that is embraced by a bigger idea - I need only see the flow of the Divine in everyone, in all.  God will know how I have transformed and what that means to my vision.  I will be given exactly what I am prepared to accept.

With this blessed formula I have found a way to reframe and redefine what the word 'failure' means to me.  I have a vehicle for compassion for my efforts, in so-called failure.  Not only will I gain strength through such experiences of forgetfulness but I shall remember that as I look out to everyone I meet, see, and learn about.  Ghandi once said something along the lines that it is hard to judge the rascal in others when one has come to understand how much of a rascal they themselves can be. 
Know the flow as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment