Sunday, September 19, 2010

Connection and Service

This morning I had the pleasure to be in service with the Practitoner Team at the Centre for Spiritual Living, Edmonton.  I have to confess that I love arriving at 9am and beginning the setup for meditation.  By the time 9.30 am comes I feel beautifully aligned and ready to serve. 

For this morning I had an intuition to introduce the mantra I blogged about yesterday.  I wrote the phonetic words on the white board and then proceeded to spend a minute or two explaining about meditation and mantras in general.  After that I invited them to either use the Buddhist mantra or to say God Is, or I am that I am.  This felt right as it offered people an option depending on where they were.

However, in the interests of it being a 15 minute meditation and that mantras are not normally done in this setting I invited them to focus on this mantra mentallly before starting the meditation with one round of chanting this mantra out loud.

Specific feedback was not needed but I felt very connected after that meditation.  The exchanged glances were of peace and joy, and I was left with the sense that we had all been moved. 

After that the service was a delightful blur of awareness and peace.  My Practitioner-Intern friend who had recently been in hospital (and for whom I'd been visiting and offering affirmative prayers for) had sent a testimonial letter to the Practitioner team, which Reverend Patrick then read in both services.  I have to say that I cried as he read her letter.  There was something so very real.  Perhaps it was my state of mind, perhaps it was the simplicity of a story of healing where someone who, according to the surgeon, was not supposed to live through this experience?  But then I don't think that knowing the answer to this question is what matters. 

Today I was reminded of what beautiful connection and service are.  I touched in with the Divine today and I will confess the day has been a wondrous morphing of smiles, tears, and mantras.  Awakening is truly a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment