Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Power of Love

Over the past few days a wonderful lesson has unfolded for me.  During the weekend I had been struck by a series of events that had challenged me to grow and to live in awareness.  And as is normal during my meditations in Second Life I try to relate an experience I have had, the Spiritual Principle that I've spotted, and how I've applied in life.  The goal of these sharings is to try and learn more about living spiritually and by exploring my transformation more deeply.

Well, unbeknowst to me (at the time) one of the people who had been in one of the aforementioned events had shown up at the meditation.  I had never intended to single them out but they came away from the experience feeling less than positive and had sent me a letter explaining what had happened for them. 

I wanted to share the reply I sent them.  After that I will share their reply (removing their name of course).  This letter was written after an experience where I had showed up with less than my very best, but I like to think showed up with love when it most mattered.
I love you, I am sorry, please forgive me, and thank you.
As I read your note and processed what happened I realized that the only thing for me to do is to look within. The Truth can only be found within. Any effort to explain why I reacted to your words and actions will distract me from Truth; but I can look to understand what beliefs I have and neutralize them with Spiritual Truth. Any effort to explain what I meant by the use of the word 'projection' is to focus on the past and to take me from the present work that I must do.
I had initially spent some considerable time writing a lengthy response. However, upon reflection I believe that what needs to be said is much simpler than that. I forgot two very important spiritual principles:
- do not take anything personally
- do not make assumptions
I managed to forget both of these spiritual principles. I do not regret what happened. I am grateful for the choices that both you and I made as they have served to bring me insight through experience. And in turn I hope that this letter, and the experience that we have shared, serves to support you in your journey. Relationship after all is an opportunity for awareness, fulfillment and healing.
I love you, I am sorry, please forgive me, and thank you.
Know the Flow as you go.
And when I logged in today here's the reply I got:
Hahahah! I have to laugh because your note was so awesome and came as such a relief
Your words made my heart sing, "There's hope in the world yet for more compassion, real relationship and authentic community".
I value your response very highly. As Abraham says, we are all allowed to comment on the affect others have on us when they attempt to create their reality in the proximity of our experience. It would be my dream to see this coming to fruition in Second Life ... and moreso that we begin to be masters of *beneficial effects upon one another.
But honestly, reading the words " I love you" were the most soothing balm I could ever hope to read and worth more than a thousand Lindens. It helped unlock love as my response to you as well... and THAT's the type of attitude I want to pay forward. And I will.. thanks to you.
: )
In Inspiration and Spirit and with Love
I celebrate this experience.  What a wondrous connection and learning I have had.  And what a gift this person gave me.  Thank God I managed to set my ego aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment