Saturday, September 18, 2010

My New Favourite Meditation

Over the couple of weeks I've been leading a series of meditations through Second Life and focusing on sharing thoughts about different practices and approaches.  Over the past few years I've enjoyed many meditations but this one was quite exceptional.  I can still feel the resonance and the vibration through my body.

Not only will I be including this meditation in my 'heavy rotation' list but I thought I'd come and blog about it with you.  It is a Buddhist mantra that goes, "Gate Gate Paragate, Parasamgate, Bodhi Svaha"  It is pronounced:

GAH-TAY GAH-TAY PAH-RAH GAH-TAY PAH-RAH-SAHM GAH-TAY BOW-DEE SWAH-HAH

The meanting is, "Beyond, Beyond, the Great Beyond, Beyond that Beyond, to Thee Homage."

I am not certain why I had waited all this time to lead a mantra meditation but I am delighted that I did.  There is something very special and yet I am thankful to the teachers in the books I've been reading of late for introducing me to this particular meditation practice.

Know the Flow as you go, brothers and sisters in Light.

1 comment:

  1. It was a powerful Chant! look forward to doing it often! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete