Sunday, May 23, 2010

Reflections of a humbling experience

During meditation tonight I was asked a profound question.  A day after my hospital visit how did I feel?  What had I been reflecting upon?

The question was profound for me because the past 24 hours have been filled with much reflection and meditation.  As I look back upon last night I find myself even clearer about my life's purpose.  Everything I believe, my faith in Oneness and the creative process, and the purpose of experiencing challenges as we do, is all about our opportunity to awaken from being asleep, to live life from a place of love and acceptance.  It is like each experience really is a calling to shift from being a channel of self to a channel of Grace.

And yet, I realize that all I did was to reflect consciousness yesterday.  It was a little thing, to listen to Mary from a place of love and acceptance.  I use the word 'little' because I feel humbled in the exchange of her gift, her story, and her current experience.  I feel like I was a mirror and realize that these past few years have been about polishing the mirror that I am, ensuring that cracks are smoothed and chips cleaned up so that what I reflect to others might be clearer.  And as I consider this analogy I suddenly realize that I've been using the word 'reflection' as a tag for many of my blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment