Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More Meditation...

It is confirmed.  I will be on meditation retreat from August 17 to 28 - 10 days of intense meditation and service.  I've no doubts as to the power of being surrounded by others doing such deep practice nor of the removal of distractions.  I also count myself blessed to be able to do this retreat before September and the meditation course I'll be teaching at the Centre for Spiritual Living, Edmonton.  A perfect way to prepare. 

I have also started working on a vision for a weekly meditation gathering in Edmonton.  The feedback from the 3 sessions we've done once a month through the summer has been wonderful.  I keep getting the sense, signs and comments that it is time to begin creating this.

In a recent meditation I saw myself in the future (more grey hair was the giveaway).  I was on stage and sitting on a meditation cushion.  As I spent time contemplating this vision I had the distinct feeling that meditation is going to be central to my path of spiritual advisor and teacher.  I am still cooking but the sense of something wonderful unfolding is with me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment