Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Buying into the Emotion

I heard a saying last night that really stood out. "The story keeps walking through the door." As I started to think about that a situation yesterday came to mind.

Without getting into details I will say that in hearing a series of events and the actions of people involved that I initially bought into the emotion. During a meeting I was fortunate enough to have my 'hyper' energy politely pointed out and immediately responded. I thank the God in that moment but more importantly the subsequent contemplation.

As I returned home I then took the time to share the story of events with my wife. Her main reaction was simple; 'you're a consultant, you don't need to buy into the emotional BS.'

And in turn I think back to the thought of the day I posted recently; "I am surrounded by people that are awake and aware." How easy it would have been to fail to hear those about me, and how easy it would be to not just buy into the emotion but to also go through the 30 day money back guarantee!

I am grateful for having the vision to be surrounded by wonderful people who remind me to be the best that I can be. And I am grateful for my own awareness to hear these angels, process their teachings and to realize that mindfulness is about being able to learn through an experience.

Blessings, joy and peace my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment