Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Meditation

There's something to be said for going through a couple of weeks of spin to acquire a taste for meditation. Ironically, it took prompting myself to meditate in one of the most mental moments in my life to hear the Universe telling me I needed to meditate more.

There's something to be said when you hear that little voice in your head telling you to Meditate.

Of course, I couldn't answer back. Not only did this help me reassure myself that I am sane, but more importantly I think there's value in not answering the Universe back in conversation. When you're speaking with the Universe you really do need to surrender your ego and hear what It has to say.

Suffice to say I've now found a regular 20 minutes each morning - right after I get Emma (my 22 month old daughter dressed and she snuggles with Mommy) I now meditate. I've got a regular space, it's quiet, and I'm finding this to be a beautiful practice.

But I have come to realize that I had to arrive at this conclusion about meditation myself. For me meditation is about surrender and peace with an open heart. You have to listen. Jornaling is for reflection, but meditation is about taking a moment out of life to simply be with the I Am.

I'll come back to more thoughts on meditation over time but for now I will share what I heard today:
I am aware, clear and mindful of the God in each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment