Friday, April 2, 2010

The Why of a Lie

I was thinking about the search for truth earlier.  This search has been going on for a while.  However, as I got to thinking about truth I also found myself thinking about lying as well.  If I needed to tell a lie to protect someone would that be acceptable?  Is my young daughter ready to hear all truth?

It then occurred to me that telling the truth without compassion could actually be brutality.  And from there a poem was inspired.  It's been a while since I wrote a poem.  I'm suspecting that I'm getting more picky about what is worth publishing on my blog. 

Know the Flow as you go.


The Why of a Lie

The callous would use truth as a weapon,
Something to break faith and trust.
Yet truth without any compassion,
is only brutality thrust.

Yet I would wander through wilderness,
and let trickster come to me.
Disrupting my old preconceptions,
disguising what I need to see.

Strolling with them for a little while,
I might behold natural lie.
Seeing the fire within their style,
hidden what, within their why.

I consider their words as we tread,
and look to bloom of nature.
I can hear their truth and give a nod,
considering past and future.

In the past I've heard politicians,
and leaders pitch point of view.
Such chambers echoing factual, but
lost higher spirit of truth.

Can we keep knowledge from poisoning
when we can't handle the truth?
The why of a lie is essential,
knowing that there's much to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment