Monday, May 24, 2010

Now on Twitter: @KnowTheFlow

I've been on Twitter professionally for a short while now.  After some thought I've created an account called @KnowTheFlow

I'll be using Twitter to share thoughts as they come throughout the day.  My thinking is that Twitter can actually be a tool to support mindfulness.  If you set the intention to be 'impeccable with your word' and post to Twitter as you think and speak in a spiritual way then you'll benefit through more opportunities to be aware.  Of course, such opportunities require awareness and practice.  But we all know that's a part of the art and heart of life; finding ways to be aware so that we can connect with the higher self is why we're here.  To see Unity inspite of the perceived duality that rages around us.

At any rate, if you're on Twitter I'd love to connect.  And if you're not, take a look and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Carmien,
    You spread seeds of mindfulness, awareness, wisdom and kindness. What nobler purpose for technology than this?! Thank you for being such a bright star in my sky. With love~ Erika (from Circle of Love)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Erika,

    It's funny you should talk about a 'noble purpose for technology'. Yesterday, with less than 24 hours on Twitter and convinced that it is a great tool to practice the Presence, I invented a new word.

    Techaphysics (or being techaphysical): the use of technology concerned with abstract thoughts related to Spiritual Truth.

    Or put more simply: I see technology as a tool to enable the sharing of ideas around 'mindfuless, awareness, wisdom, and kindness'.

    My techaphysical activities now include blogging (on this site), leading a daily meditation community in Second Life, and tweeting (and my tweets are fed into Facebook).

    I look forward to see you in September! Your Rumi CD is a member of my 6 CD car club :)

    Know the Flow as you go,
    Carmien

    ReplyDelete