Sunday, May 3, 2009

That Place Where Humility and Passion Meet

During my journaling this week I came to realize that I desire to embody being humble, and to support through being a great listener. I came to this conclusion with the thought that with realization of the Principle of Life (all power, all we shall ever need) it is easy to be humbled in the immense face of Infinity. But more importantly, with the true realization of our being One with God we should have nothing to fear.

As I thought about humility and being humble I was then reminded by my own inner voice that I am a person of passion. I relish so much in life, jumping into moments so readily and earnestly. This passion and energy is an aspect of my individuality. For the sake of finding joy I determined that my goal is to find that place where passion meets humility.

With the thought that ‘fear is misplaced faith’ I came to the following logical conclusions: In being spiritually conscious I can extend the idea of God being in all living things to knowing that the ‘Divine Giver’ is in all things, always seeking my good. In this knowing there is no need to seek attention, prove I am good enough, or even to utter an answer in conversation simply because my intellectual process prompts me to.

From a text-book perspective the Science of Mind says that neutralizing a thought behind an undesirable condition we must:

  • Look at the condition
  • Define its polar opposite
  • Identify the spiritual principle
  • And treat for it

I considered this approach and I found myself leaping from the undesirable condition. In recognizing my condition of failing to listen and reacting out of a sense to prove my worth, I immediately realized that I wanted to find that place where passion and humility meet. The process in this regard, I believe, was prompted by intuition. I could feel that sense of Truth immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment