Monday, October 12, 2009

Connection

The past few days of travelling to Winnipeg for Thanksgiving have been like a see-saw (or teetertotter) for me.  In one moment I am centred and in the next my mind jumps to 'whatifs' around the business and I feel a surge of excitement.  I've been fairly good at reminding myself that even when times are good that balance and being centred is important.

In thinking about this idea I spent some time contemplating the idea of connection.  During this period the following poem arrived.  I'm definitely in a place where I'd rather stay centred than in excitement at future possibilties.

Connection
How would the journey feel,
if we left goals at the feet of change?
What if the focus was connecting,
Divine flow far from strange?

Bringing finity to the physical,
seeking predictability.
But what part of us is comfortable,
with connection to timed-space that we see?

Living awareness of our feelings,
immersed in present, not in ends.
Unsolicited goals connecting,
love seen in strangers and in friends.

If there's something bigger than everything,
that's created the all that we know,
then surely the self too was created,
for us to connect, express and to show?

We're not needed to be only Being.
There's purpose to integrating whole.
To feel awe in our everyday lives,
takes willingness and connection to soul.

Copyright (c) 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment