Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Play

I was driving this morning and reflecting upon last night.  I had gone to bed after meditation and realized that I was not managing to sleep.  After about 15 minutes or so an idea came to mind.  What if I meditated again?  Even if I fell asleep I would still accomplish the goal of slowing down and resting.  And a conscious meditation would be a great way to clear the way for sleep to come.

And so pulling myself from bed I went to my favourite chair and settled in. I cannot tell you how long it took me to fall alseep but I can say that the experience was dramatically different to nights past.  I awoke refreshed; so refreshed, in fact, that a poem jumped into my head this morning whilst I was driving back home.

The Play
Let sleeplessness,
be a thing of the past.
Let your practice be
your play, you the cast.

Allow relaxation,
onto your colourful stage.
Dim lights of excitement,
rehearse script of the Sage.

Be a lover of silence,
hear the Director guide.
Let the Vision sweep you,
and conviction provide.

Copyright (c) 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment