Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So Powerful

Well, there's no doubt that my pace of posting and poetry has slowed down of late.  At first I was uncomfortable with this.  However, as I've been contemplating my life I've come to a place of peace.  Ministry takes many forms and when the time is right the poetry will flow.

I have been working through an interesting, and powerful, lesson of late.  The other night I was caught by fear.  It's mighty grip shook me as I stared at some financial numbers.  In spite of having stood on a stage only a few nights earlier as the headlining corporate sponsor for the Michael Beckwith event in Edmonton, and working non stop for the past two months I felt fear around abundance.  And more laughable still, I'm in the process of working with a private equity company on expanding my business.  The signs of financial freedom do not get any clearer, yet there I was feeling the crushing weight of the symptoms of an old mindset around lack.

How deep seated must this fear be to feel it so strongly at such a time.  I turned from the computer and went downstairs to share this with my wife.  And in her amazing presence she held consciousness with me.  She saw through my struggle with an amazing certainty.

In turn, I felt something snap within me.  I told my wife that, "I was done" with the fear of lack.  All my life I had faced scant balances, times of hunger and poverty, a childhood of struggle.  It was almost as if I was now moving through anger to a place of unfathomable determination.  My wife remarked that I had said the exact same words in the same way when speaking about being done with my 'degenerating' back 6 months ago.  It turns out that I was really was done with the symptoms of agonizing pain in my back.

Upon hearing this the truth became clear. I knew she was speaking the truth and felt the weight of fear fall from me like a lead weight. 

Sometimes the gift of the friends, and support network, we surround ourselves with become a safety net.  For all the work I've done this year I was reminded that I am human.  Fear finds me at the most unexpected of times.  The difference can sometimes be our closest friends.  So powerful they are...

So Powerful
So powerful is the lover's
embrace with the root of their love.
They know the essence of their beloved,
within all glance, encounter, and touch.

So powerful is enlightenment,
that unlocks mind from these forms.
When we learn to seek simple,
flattening time, space, and norms.

So powerful is the unlocking
of life's physical chain.
A knowing and a strength,
mightier than condition or pain.

So powerful are our supports,
that believe in our glory,
that hold us to our light,
and see straight through our story.

Copyright (c) 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment