Monday, August 17, 2009

Hold the Moment

I'm at a conference in Kelowna called Circle of Love. I am not going to get into any details on the conference just yet, except for one. Upon arriving on Sunday night I happened to meet a singer from Seattle called Stephan Mitchell.

At the time, he was someone who happened to be by the checkin desk, who overheard my asking the hostess about where I could buy something to drink, and then made a kind offer. We realized we were both at the conference and he let me know that I'd be welcome to join him on a grocery run.

As we got to talking he shared that he was a singer and was the featured artist on the Monday night. After more conversation I mentioned that I liked to sing and write songs myself. Not long after that he explained that he found melodies easy and words harder. I laughed as I pointed out that words for me are easy but melody.

And in that moment a synchronicity was revealed. From there I updated the song that I am now emailing to him. Isn't the connectedness of life beautiful?

Hold the Moment

Do your eyes well,
When you think from where you've come?
Does your faith light your grace,
Everything seen as One?
Do your feelings and beliefs,
Jump and cry aloud,
As peace with you shines,
And love within you shouts.

[CHORUS]
Hold the moment,
Hold the moment close and tight,
Perhaps there's a reason,
We were given the choice of sight?
Hold the moment,
Live like it's all today,
Fuse your grace with thoughts of love,
And love’s in what you say.

It's the practice,
That leads you to a place,
Where the sweet voice of Truth,
Makes the chaos fade.
I don't ever recall,
In such a space of time,
Being so rocked by condition,
Yet bouncing back in mind.

[CHORUS]

My spirit cries sweet tears,
Of joy and peace and love,
The beauty of the One,
From within to above,
It's clear to my eyes now,
Clearer than it’s ever been,
My heart touched so deeply,
My sight finally keen.

[CHORUS]

(c) Copyright 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment