Friday, August 21, 2009

An Iranian Circle of Love...

I was sitting with some holy souls yesterday and overheard a conversation. Much to my delight I was able to listen. I did not comment upon the discussion but instead reflected upon what had been shared.

You will have likely heard of the unrest in Iran. Word has it that men are being paid to inflict physical pain and cause unrest amongst those that are meeting in protest at what is happening. Well, a story was shared about an incident in Iran that lifted my soul.

What lifted me? I heard of an event where some young people spotted some of these men beating up another man and simply formed a circle about them. They did not strike them. They did not threaten them. These young, beautiful Iranians simply held a consciousness of love. And the mercenaries of hate, well, they just stood there and melted.

Regardless of the hearsay or potential for deviation, what a beautiful story! And as for the discussion - what I did do was to write the following poem and share it with those who had discussed the story. This was the only thing I had to contribute to the conversation.

An Iranian Circle of Love

Even from the throne of dispair,
Something is kindred within,
To face the child's washed brain,
With love and smothering sin.

From the silver of dissent,
Young carers circle and smother,
The crowds silenced and still,
You are with us now, the lover.

(c) Copyright 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment