Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Surrendering Breath

This morning I had the pleasure to attend a meditation session hosted by Terry Shea, Elika Luckett, and Nathan Aswell. Between them they conjured a sacred space, and I staggered from it like a drunkard. With a tankard of life in one hand and a pencil in the other I wrote this poem.

Surrendering Breath

Surrendering breath,
Devolve me now,
Carry me from complex,
Beyond a simple cloud.
Lost, dissolving and forgotten,
A birth of fiery breath,
Intimately resting in peace,
A place of nothing left.

I was given those aspects,
That would quicken this recall,
Focus of word and element,
To carry within Love's thrall.
Returned to mother and father,
Balanced and smudged anew,
Heart from flame and ashes,
Love my intimate cue.

Swaying like a tree,
In the breeze of your tones,
The scratch of a string,
Like the bird's call home.
Surrendered, I am now,
To words so softly said,
At the feet of these masters,
The sun above their heads.

(c) Copyright 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment