Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sacred Self

I had a relaxing Saturday filled with reading and contemplation. Some thoughts by Wayne Dyer on Sacred Self stood out and inspired a poem. It's quite long as my poems go so I'm only sharing the first half.

Sacred Self

Chance is a random phantom,
of no import to me.
I rely on intuition,
in all that I see.

Appreciating everything,
the connection in events.
Seemingly unrelated,
to see our role's extent.

To understand the process,
and our role to set the tone.
Shadowed coincidence,
No sacred self alone.

I'm beyond the start of seeing,
the magnificence of all
I'm floored beyond my filling,
receiving through my awe.

Transcending definition,
of organic that I am.
Complete with sense of power,
I'm Divine lighted hand.

Through focus and awareness,
I see the Truth Divine.
Flowing clearly back to me,
this sacred self of mine.

Connection now complete,
to everyone and everything.
Conscious dominating,
of my self by way of being.

The One flowing life force
realized beyond the seen.
Divine no race, no colour,
no religion, or action mean.

Fulfilled of who I am,
connected and expressed.
I've become the heart and eyes,
the sacred self, no less.

Accepted understanding,
of wisdom's emanation.
Even the most small,
subject to contemplation.

Comprehensive greater good,
these gatherings to create.
Knowing there's no consequence,
surrendered in Truth's wake.


(c) Copyright 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment