Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How Soft

Imagine the following setting: I am driving my 2 year old daughter to daycare, she's crying because she's just had 2 weeks vacation, struggling with the change in rhythm, and there's nothing I can say that will calm her down.

And so I turn on some music. I'm listening to Stefan Mitchell's album, Simple Gifts. I bought it at the Circle of Love. I simply asked Stefan to recommend the CD that meant the most to him.

What music! What a beautiful gift he has. Before long I was crying like a baby, my heart cracked open. For a while, both my daughter and I were crying.

And then then she fell silent, lulled by Stefan and love into a peace from her distress. The following poem came to mind as we finished the drive this morning and I thought I'd share it with you.

How Soft

How soft my face is now,
the tears of joy I've cried.
You cracked my heart wide open,
I feel You at my side.

How soft the melodies You breathe,
the sweetest words You call,
the quickening You bring to me,
through Your bliss, Your love, Your all.

How soft my eyes flood happiness,
Drenched windows to my soul.
But no windows are needed now,
For You've brought down the wall.

How soft my gentle heart is now,
my being and my self,
both expressing Your song in harmony,
in the ocean's drop Your wealth.

(c) Copyright 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment