Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Meditation in the One

The following poem came to mind during my meditation this morning. The way in which I perceive meditation has greatly shifted and I think this poem begins to capture this new perspective.

A Meditation in the One

At first I thought I was floating,
simply lifting away.
And then I knew it was simpler,
It was You having Your way.
Any sense of me now dwindling,
At once all was One, not two,
Emanation within now coursing,
I now know what I have to do.

To focus on One, not self.
To see simple in everything.
To be almost as equally simple.
To listen, rather than sing.
To know prudence, justice, and kindness.
To honestly temper their worth.
To generously lose real interest,
in those things now caught here on Earth.

The body is owed only duty,
passion must fade to the din.
My true person rooted in Mother,
sated with spendour within.
I drink Presence, pure and simple,
I embrace inner simplicity.
The body, the lower, the higher,
No longer the all of me.

(c) Copyright 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment