Thursday, August 26, 2010

God is in All, Especially the Unpleasant Stuff

I am writing this having experienced a series of interesting events.  A couple of weeks ago I had asked for a sign regarding what I should do regarding my business.  Over the past couple of days a situation went south on my current business engagement.  In fact, it seems the Universe executed a pincer maneuver on my plans.  On one hand, a technology upgrade from the software vendor bombed (big time, and completely beyond my control).  On the other hand, the client informed me that they've just discovered the reason the project has been installed for a month was that their IT department in head office is working on a strategy that undermines the whole project (also completely beyond my control).

And yet I cannot help but know that God is in this.  Over the past year I've tried to expand my business to the next level on two occasions and both times things did not proceed.  Recently I was reviewing what had happened and concluded that perhaps the business was not expanding because I've also been focusing on my spiritual ministry.  From the point of 'where am I putting my creative energy' I have to confess that I've been imprinting mixed messages to the Divine.

Even as I started to write this blog, I got an email from the administrator with the client saying that they couldn't restore the technology because their Database Administrator didn't have the backup from Sunday (again, completely beyond my control).  I asked for a sign, alright!

And yet I cannot help but know that God is in this.  With this in mind I have begun re-evaluating my business vision.  An idea came to mind to send an email to a business contact.  I see it was putting out a feeler to God.  If I am truly meant to shift into a new business role then I surrender to events as they unfold.  If I have an intuition to email someone I had met for lunch about a business partnership to see if they're interested in bringing me into their organization, then I know God is in that.

As I write this a part of me is very calm; even as everything that I know regarding my business and the professional efforts of the past 2 years is experiencing a series of challenges.  Yet, I am not attached.  The old me would have struggled with things like, this being my fault, my having been a failure, or whatever.  Instead of suffering I am sitting here in faith.  Yes, it is not very pleasant.  A part of me feels a little sad, but that sadness is fading as I write this blog, as I embrace the spiritual practice of journalling, as I share and live my growth and transformation with strangers through an Internet blog, as I retain my awareness that God is in every event.

God is in all of this, ESPECIALLY the unpleasant stuff.  If you feel drawn to hold me in your prayers I would be grateful.  I know that the right and perfect outcome is already so with regards to my business and professional expression.  I know that I am excited by the opportunity to share my gifts and talents within a business environment, where I am valued and inspired by the opportunity bring amazing solutions to clients ready for the talents I bring, and working within a culture that resonates with my philosophy and passion.

Know the Flow as you go my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment