Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Sign

I have had the great blessing to spend the past day or so in retreat.  I did want to share a onederful moment.  If you've read my blog over the past few months you might have picked up on something I have been working through.  Since December of 2009 an interesting series of events around my business has been unfolding.  In fact, I starting blogging about these events in January of this year. 

After my blog of last night I realized this morning that my vision is still right.  My purpose in life is to inspire and support the transformation of consciousness.  It then occurred to me that perhaps the reason I have experienced what I have around my business has been because through it all I desire to serve.  My vision fills me with joy.  The work I do through various online formats to inspire and support others in their consciousness and awareness lifts me up each day.  Is it any wonder then that with a focus so clearly on service that my creative energy is divided, and my business is just doing 'ok'?

This morning I was talking about this with my wife and I realized that my vision did not need to be revisited.  Rather, I need to embrace being my aware self more and more.  Her words of support had a deep feeling of truth.  And in that moment I was more clear than ever that through this journey self-knowledge will be key.  I do not need to try and be a teacher, or try to be a Practitioner, or Minister.  I simply need to bring my awareness to every moment, to live my vision by inspiring and supporting consciousness in myself, and therefore in all.  There is a beautiful guarantee; if we show up and do our part, God will take care of the rest.  This is really all I need to know.

And so with this thought in my mind I was driving this afternoon and asked God for a sign.  I wanted something obvious to tell me if these realizations were the path that would carry me forward toward my purpose.  Tonight in Second Life one of the students stepped up.  She had taken the time to prepare to take over the meditations by preparing and making sure the announcements went out.  She then went on to share her story over the past 6 months.  And that for the past 5 months she had been coming to the daily meditations I facilitate.  I was struck by her words as she explained that Eckhart Tolle, a Course in Miracles, and I were the teachers closest to her heart.  With those few touching words I felt the realization, the sign that I had asked for.

Over the past 6 months I have been simply showing up in Second Life to lead a daily meditation.  I have not necessarily been trying to teach per se.  Rather, I started this with the basic premise that I would meditate every day.  Why not bring this into a virtual setting through the Internet?

And so thank you, Pat, for being an expression of a sign I had asked for.  Your self-professed journey over the past 6 months is a living embodiment of my purpose to inspire and support the transformation of consciousness.  I am clear now.  I simply need to bring my awareness to every moment, to live my vision by inspiring and supporting consciousness in myself.  So long as I do my part, God will do their part.   Everything will unfold exactly as it should.  How do I know?  Well, a sign is a start, but if truth be told, I have faith.

Know the Flow as you go, my friends.  You are more loved than you could possibly imagine.

1 comment: