Sunday, September 20, 2009

From Belief to Be-Life

The idea of transformation and helping others to live life is a calling I’ve been drawn to in the past. That said in recent weeks I've been thinking more about this idea. I believe that I’ve shifted: It might sound very noble to help others, but I think I’ve come to a realization. Regardless of intent before I can ever hope to help others the reality is I have to learn about my own willingness to live life, to be life - I have go through transformation.

Perhaps ideas and attachments I have will have to die? Maybe I will spend the rest of my life going through cycles of release and growth, death and re-birth? I take solace in this; if I am open to change, growth and release, I am living life, perhaps even being life.

As a part of some self-enquiry I found myself staring at the word 'belief' and realizing that it seemed so similar to be-life. How subtle the shift from belief to being life, and yet how profound. As someone once said, the river of life may only be a quarter inch wide, but it is miles deep.

From Belief to Be-Life
From belief to be-life,
is as far as desire,
to transform yourself,
to be seen in your fire.

If you're working for success,
yet your heart isn't sure,
if you're not feeling any better,
what is there in more?

To be-life is not about,
books, words, or riches,
Sit still in silence,
live in peace, not in stitches.

To be-life is to go deeper,
into existence and allow.
To what degree can you lose fear,
give of yourself and endow?

How big is your God?
Are you great, or not so good?
How are you living your life?
In love, or fear and should?

To be-life is to release worry,
to journey with love and being,
to part ways with old friends,
doubt, anxiety, disagreeing.

To be-life is to accept,
yourself, right where you are.
As you get closer to putting down,
you may feel grief, pull of heart.

You may dally, stop and start,
or analyze, dig deep to cause.
Yet for all of your wandering,
there will never peace in more.

To be-life is to centre,
to be present, alive and whole,
to follow feeling to openness,
to connect, mingle with soul.

Suffering's created by clinging.
Go through, let work convert.
Give yourself to something bigger,
Be-life, declare victory, not hurt.

Copyright (c) 2009, Carmien Owen

1 comment: