Sunday, September 6, 2009

Presence In All (a Spiritual Mind Poem)

Of the callings I have there are two that stand out for this poem: I love to write poetry from a metaphysical perspective, and I'm training to be a spiritual coach, or Practitioner. Then an idea came to me: Why not try and write a spiritual mind treatment, or affirmative prayer, as a poem in my particular poetic style?


Two days after this idea I opened the binder for term 3 of Professional Practitioner training. For the first week's written homework we are asked to write and use a Spiritual Mind Treatment to see the presence of God in all people and all religions.

Presence in All
With One Divine Mind,
in through, and as all,
I celebrate this Unity,
expressed in joyous thrall.

I now fall back to simple,
my sight sees all the way.
Eternal values in statement,
scripture's story purveyed.

I know religion and faith and Truth,
are One, as are all people.
Presence from beneath the ground,
and beyond the highest steeple.

Regardless of creed or belief,
the spiritual certain to evolve,
experience always a new thing,
and religion's history dissolves.

I see the presence of Source,
in all religions and ideals,
the glory of virtuous circles,
through knowledge and journey revealed.

In grateful knowing I detach.
I now set the Law into motion.
I release and know it was so,
before I even conceived of this notion.

And so it is!

(c) Copyright 2009, Carmien Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment